1. Switch to a reusable metal razor instead of plastic disposables, such as these from Mutiny Shaving.
2. Say no to plastic carrier bags. Never turn up at Sainsbury’s without a couple of reusable bags. Invest in a couple of canvas / hemp bags to stick in your car boot for such occasions.
3. Always carry a reusable water bottle. And a coffee cup. Loads of coffee shops now will knock a few pence off if you hand them your own cup. The guys at Jerry Bottle do a great scheme where each water bottle purchase helps fund clean water projects around the world.
4. Start buying Bamboo toothbrushes instead of plastic ones. They look better in your bathroom anyway.
5. Shop Organic. Bees 🐝 (and people actually...) are dying out there because of all those pesticides. (Find our more about why Organic is good here)
6. If you don’t love it, don’t buy it.
7. Look after your shoes. Polish your shoes and take them to the cobbler and get new soles or heels if needed, to help them last longer.
8. Look out for packaging-free alternatives for deodorant, shampoo etc. There are loads of solid bar versions available.
9. Buy loose vegetables, avoid the ones in plastic wrap. There’s just no need.
10. Eat less meat... 😬 dare I say it. Avoiding meat and dairy is one of if not the biggest way to reduce your impact on Earth ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀